Election in Maharashtra: 6.35% voter turnout till 11am; Maharashtra exit polls at 6:30PM | India News - Times of India
* At 11 am, 6.35% voting was recorded in Maharashtra, according to the Election Commission.
* Technical glitches in electronic voting machines (EVM) were reported from various polling booths in West Nagpur constituency.
* At 10 am, the voter turnout recorded in Maharashtra was 5.69%, according to the Election Commission.
* 5% polling till 9 am in Mumbai city district's 10 assembly constituencies. Pune district (all 21 constituencies) registers 5% voter turnout in first two hours. Nagpur district records 4.3% polling till 9 am.
* The 18 assembly constituencies across Thane district have seen 5% turnout till 9 am
* Union minister Nitin Gadkari, who voted in Nagpur, said that given the development works carried out under the leadership of PM Narendra Modi and chief minister Devendra Fadnavis it is hoped that the BJP will once again come to power in Maharashtra. He also appealed to the people to refrain from pressing the NOTA button, saying that attempts should be made to ensure improvement in politics.
* The ruling BJP-Shiv Sena appears to have an edge over a badly mauled opposition, but rebellion could affect the saffron alliance's chances in nearly 40 constituencies in the state assembly elections, said political analysts. In all, rebels from the saffron camp are taking on the alliance's official candidates in 37 constituencies across the state. This may raise opposition hopes or even result in more Independents getting elected, said analysts.
Assembly polls live: Voting under way in Maharashtra, Haryana
* RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat while casting his vote for the Nagpur Central constituency told reporters that the results will show how important national issues like Article 370 are for the people. Responding to the Congress criticism on the BJP manifesto proposing Bharat Ratna for Savarkar, the RSS chief said, "We are used to being targeted like this, it is part of politics but at the end of the day we are part of the same social fabric."
* Prominent candidates include chief minister Devendra Fadnavis from Nagpur South-West, and his predecessors from the Congress -- Ashok Chavan, who is contesting from Bhokar in Nanded district, and Prithviraj Chavan, who is seeking a re-election from Karad South in Satara district.
* The BJP, under Fadnavis' leadership, is seeking a second straight term in the state. Aaditya Thackeray, the son of Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray, has also entered the poll fray from Worli constituency in Mumbai.
* Voting is also underway for the byelection to Satara Lok Sabha constituency, where former NCP leader and sitting MP Udayanraje Bhosale is in the fray on BJP's ticket against Shriniwas Patil of the Congress-NCP combine.
* The main contest is between the grand alliance of the BJP and Shiv Sena, and the opposition led by the Congress and NCP.
* As many as 1,400 Independents are also in the fray. The state has total 8,98,39,600 voters, including 1,06,76,013 in the age group of 18 to 25 years.
More News in Google
Last week, some iPhone users were surprised to learn that they could save their images on Google Photos at full quality with unlimited storage. The trick is only available to iPhone users and surprisingly not
With the launch of the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL, fans were somewhat disappointed to hear they'd lose the long-standing offer of unlimited, free, original quality uploads to Google Photos - an offer
To find non-impeachment inquiry news, we must leave the United State and cross the Atlantic Ocean. Then in 1.5 miles stay in the right two lanes to take the next exit. Destination arrived: the island of
Google dominates the web search and advertising space. However, being the best at one thing hasn't stopped the California based company from innovating in other areas. This year, the company unveiled an interesting portfolio
NEW YORK, NY - OCTOBER 15: The new Google Pixel 4 smartphone is displayed during a Google launch ... [+] Getty Images I have a few takeaways from my limited time with Google's newly released
Most ( Google Home households start with just one smart speaker or display, but if Google's fall product announcement was any indication, it doesn't have to end there. Google Home$99 at Walmart) speakers